Welcome!

By 1:13 PM

Hello Love,

There's a million and one things we need to catch up on like the fact that I've been M.I.A. Firstly, I'm sorry! Secondly, A lot has been going on. But, before we get into all the excuses, I'd like to welcome you to my new page!

I was super proud of it because I did some of my own coding to customize the page to my liking. It may not sound like a big accomplishment, but for someone as technologically challenged as myself it was a milestone.

I'm still working out some of the kinks. For example, I'm not a fan of the full post not being displayed on the main page. It's kind of annoying. Not to mention the "You might also like" text under each post. Ugh, I commend all you coders who do this for a living. I've been researching how to fix this for the last week and still haven't figured it out. (insert crying face emoji)

Anyway, all of my updates and general ramblings will be on this page. As most of you know I wasn't a fan of posting personal posts on my blog story page. It felt like I was ruining the general vibe. So, take the time to look around. You'll notice the links above that will connect you to my blog pages, Instagram, and contact info.

There's a Bloglovin' button above this post. Please click it to follow me. You'll get updates every time I post about new projects (or, again, general ramblings).

Okay, now for addressing the M.I.A situation. I'm not sure how to put this, but I've been in a bit of a slump. More like a permanent writer's block. Trust me, it hasn't been fun.

I originally ended New York Dixie for an opportunity to write for Hello Giggles. It was amazing connecting with a group of women who are so welcoming and supportive of one another. As most of you know, I've never written professionally so this was my first experience with dealing with deadlines and having an editor look over my work. Overall it was definitely a learning process not just for me, but for the company. I was the first "Featured Writer" to have a fictional series on their site. So figuring out a story line that would work for the key demographic and making the site more user friendly were just a few of the things that both sides needed to iron out.

If you haven't heard the news, Hello Giggles was sold to Time Inc. It's definitely exciting news, but unfortunately that means some changes are happening. With those changes the "Story Time" section of Hello Giggles will have to be postponed until further notice.

I guess the hiatus is a blessing in disguise because I've honestly missed you guys! I know I popped in late October and promised a new blog story, but since then I've been dealing with the worst case of writer's block. I have the whole story line, but the only problem is... it's in my head. I haven't been very motivated to transfer it over to writing. Working under an editor can be tough because you're told what to write, how to write it, whether it needs to be shortened or not. I feel like I've lost a bit of creativity in the process and that's really what's gotten me into the slump.

I'm hoping that by connecting with you all I'll be able to get my groove back. It'll take some time, but until then enjoy my daily ramblings! :)

Xx,

Zara

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Excited you're back :)
    Sorry things at Hello Giggles didn't work out right now, but hopefully that door hasn't closed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're back!! So excited to hear your random ramblings, and if a new story emerges, I will be eagerly awaiting that as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be back! Missed you all a little too much :P

      Delete
  3. Good to hear from you! Fingers crossed that your writers block ends soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your wish is working! I've been able to slowly pen the story together over the weekend. Hope to post it up soon!

      Delete